I am very upset. Tuesday’s speed workout called for a ladder run: 400, 800, 1200, 1600 and back down with a 400m recovery in between each set. It was hard and my Garmin was supposed to be keeping track of all my sets. BUT IT BROKE. I went to upload my workout yesterday and nothing showed up for Tuesday. It was like it didn’t even happen. Maybe that means I should forget how sucky the workout was and focus on my tempo run today in the 90% humidity. Sigh. The things we do to run better.
Since I feel like I have been MIA, I want to share with you photos of what I’ve been up to:
Phil took me to BGR in DC a few weeks ago (not to be confused with BRGR in NYC. Sadly, there is no BGR in NYC…yet). They are known for their burgers so of course I got the lobster sandwich. It was the best lobster sandwich I’ve ever had, mainly because there was a ton of lobster and most importantly, NO MAYO ( I don’t like mayo).
Phil gets me snacks when I go visit. Specifically, he gets me bags and bags of chips. I had Baked Doritos for lunch everyday this past weekend (please ignore the Super Mario pants I am wearing):
Back in NYC, FaceTiming with Phil. He is wearing my Ninja Turtle shirt.
I made this last night. It was supposed to be broccoli mac n cheese but I didn’t use mac. I ran out of one kind of pasta so I just mixed whole wheat shells with whole wheat penne. I also used frozen broccoli from Trader Joe’s. I used this recipe from skinnytaste (of course) but below is my adaptation (I tried to make it even healthier):
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta (you can really use any type of pasta you want!)
- 1 1/2 tbsp TJ’s unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cube chicken bouillon
- 8 oz (2 cups) TJ’s Shredded Lite Mexican Cheese Blend.
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 12 oz TJ’s frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- cooking spray
Directions (this is directly from the website):
- Cook pasta and broccoli together in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions for al dente (or slightly under cook 2 minutes). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt butter. Add onion and cook over low heat about 2 minutes, add flour and cook another minute, or until the flour is golden and well combined. Add milk and chicken broth and whisk, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil; cook about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes smooth and thick.Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is thick, remove from heat, add cheese and mix well until cheese is melted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked macaroni and broccoli and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then broil for a few minutes to get the breadcrumbs golden.
This makes about 6 servings at 387 calories/serving.
– Where do you get your recipes from?
– Favorite chips??