Lately, I’ve been obsessed with cold oatmeal. It started with the swiss oatmeal I used to get at Corner Bakery when I lived in DC. I have not found a place that serves the same delicious oatmeal just yet (and this was almost 8 years ago!!). I’ve tried to replicate this oatmeal many times but have not been able to. Finally, I just settled on my own version of cold oatmeal. Ok, this looks gross but I promise it is delicious and nutritious, especially since I added Honey Chex to it:
- 1/2 cup of quick oats (I use TJs, of course)
- 1 cup of almond millk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- handful of Chex
- Mix all ingredients together except the Chex
- Refrigerate overnight
- Add Chex (or granola, or any type of cereal or topping you desire) in the morning
My TEMPO RUN last night was a 7 miler. I felt really good and I want to attribute it to the clouds. I also wondered if spinning the day before helped so I will try it again next week and let you know. My tempo run last night was 8 minutes faster than last week’s 7 mile tempo, a huge difference.
Last night I played a bunch of 90s (maybe some early 2k) songs for Phil and made him guess them but the ONLY SONG he guessed correctly was a George Michael’s song!! Obvi he was missing out in the 90s. I, on the other hand, began to update my playlists. Here are some of the jams I added:
- Together Again- Janet Jackson
- Gangsta’s Paradise- Coolio
- All Cried Out- Allure
- Escapade- Janet Jackson
- Family Affair- Mary J. Blige
- This is How We Do It- Montell Jordan
- As I Lay Me Down- Sophie B. Hawkins
- Are You That Somebody- Aaliyah
- It’s Not Right but It’s Okay- Whitney Houston
- Heartbreaker Remix- Mariah Carey w/ Da Brat and Missy Elliot
On another note, I missed my run tonight. I’m sad but not really.
-What songs are on your playlist?
– What do you do when you miss a run?? How do you feel?